Monday, April 20, 2009

The "Drunk' guy and the taxi driver

Well here's a little something to be going on with. Just back last December 2008 I had not long moved into my new apt, unfortunately with Bronchitis!!!! So for the first 2 weeks it was, work-sleep-work-sleep. When I started to get back on my feet a friend of mine who has a bar here in Lanzarote asked me to pop up for a beer as we needed to catch up and he new I'd had a rough time of it.
So off I go. When I got to the bar, sat down and had a beer or 2 it soon became apparent that he was more interested in chatting-up his waitress than talking with me. Understandably so, but considering HE asked me to pop up for a few beers normally meant that we would have a few beers and a chat.

When it was time to leave, he said that I was a bit loud, in all honesty I'm not surprised as I was pissed off with the fact of talking to passers by more than him, great mate huh?
I remember getting into the taxi, then waking up in hospital a couple of hours later. Was duly released and went home.
During the remainder of December then through January 2009 I had bad Amnesia, so cant really say much of what happened, except I went to work...I guess. February and March my long term memory started improving with the exception of any emotional link to the memories I had.
That is still the same, just got huge chunks missing of allsorts of memories. My short term memory is a lot better, but I still HAVE to write things down otherwise I will forget!!!!
All from a night out when I was just finishing a course of antibiotics, had'nt eaten much, and my weight had dropped from just over 13st to 12st.

So now I have been for a brain scan and have to go back for an appointment with the head neurologist to see the outcome of the scan. I still experience a lot of fatigue and very long bouts of sleep...last week I slept one night for 11hrs, then was awake for only 11hrs and then had 10hrs sleep. Woke up still feeling fatigued, so even if I have a lot of sleep I'm still feeling fatigued.
So we shall see what the future has in store for me.
You see your brain releases a hormone to protect you when you have any major Frontal Lobe damage, the side affect being...Memory loss across the board not just of the incident.
So lets see how things go, at least I dont have the un-controllable attacks of RAGE when ever I was getting stressed or a bit annoyed, which was and is totally out of character for me.

I can honestly say that without all the emotional links to my memories/experiences in life, I AM a different person because of these things. Which makes sense, everything I've based my decision making on through my life I cant remember. It's simple as ...do I prefer the colour Red or Blue???? Now I would have to make a decision not based on memory, but one on-the-spot.

I'll add to the blog as time goes on, just thought I'd put this in as none of you would have any idea what the hell I was going on about:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment